Thursday, March 11, 2010

Coupla Things

by Rich Miles

First, when is someone going to call Mitch McConnell's bluff, and tell him that the American people DO want health care reform, and DO agree with much of what is in the existing bill? I mean, for him to say, as he has at least 5 times that I know of, that the American people don't want this bill is a completely fabricated lie, based on no known truth. As near as I can tell, the percentage of Americans who do want this legislation is somewhere around 67-70 percent. So when is someone going to call his bluff, and tell him he's fulla shit to his face? I would happily do it myself, but I don't have Secret Service clearance.

And second, when is anyone going to acknowledge that the ONLY reason, the ONLY EFFIN' REASON why America started a war in Iraq was to get George W. Bush re-elected in 2004. I mean, does it take that much brainpower to figure this out? As far as I could learn from admittedly quick research, NO U.S. president has EVER been beaten in a re-election bid in wartime. Lyndon Johnson quit, didn't stand for re-election. Richard Nixon won by an unprecedented margin. There are numerous other examples. But I think it's true that no president has ever been turned out of office in wartime, and Bush and his planners knew this. I mean, how else to explain the fact that he took the country to war despite massive public opposition to it, and massive logical opposition to it. Pundits may want to offer reason after reason why we went to war, and accuse the Bush admin of lying to us, which they did, but the real reason was to get Bush re-elected. And nothing else.

And third, when is the insanity going to stop? And I'm not talking about dieting. I'm talking about the madness in Washington. To explicate this remark would take reams and reams. But you know what I'm talking about anyway, don't you?

Just had these thoughts floating around in my head, and wanted to express them to you. And by the way, if I have misstated myself, and there WAS a president voted out in wartime, please let me know.

1 comment:

Jack Jodell said...

Mitch McConnell will be eating a lot of shit after today, and the Republicans will say, do, or politicize ANYTHING to obtain or maintain power. They are wholly devoid of morals and decency.